3D Artist – Issue 86 – November 2015 – Keyscity.net
3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that’s just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills.
Welcome to 3D Artist! Lighting is such a crucial part of the pipeline, and yet it’s such an easy thing to get wrong when developing a 3D scene. In response to this, we’ve pulled together a comprehensive guide to lighting that is guaranteed to get you treating your scenes with the same finesse that the pros do on a daily basis, with workflow tips and theoretical musings from people like Ian Spriggs, Maarten Verhoeven and more.
Also in the issue this month is a smorgasbord of wonderful tutorials, including Maya concept car techniques, tips for making your renders look indistinguishable from photographs, an abstract masterclass in Blender, awesome Houdini explosions, a look at the 3ds Max 2016 Max Creation Graph, ZBrush FiberMesh hair pointers and an antique texturing lesson. Plus, we’ve gathered a slew of fantastic arch-vis practitioners and asked them to provide 20 style secrets for you to employ in your work.
In this issue…
5 ways to become a lighting genius
20 Arch-Vis Style Secrets
– Give your arch-vis renders some TLC with the help of our experts
Design a High-Tech Racing Machine
– Use Maya and Rhino to flesh out awesome futuristic concepts
Create Abstract Art with Blender
– Improve your modelling and Cycles rendering techniques
Let There be Light
– Five pros reveal their expert lighting workflows
– Make your 3D renders look like photographs
– Set up a huge pyro explosion in Houdini
– Build modifiers in ads Max with the Max Creation Graph
– Style FiberMesh hair in ZBrush
– Texture a realistic pocket watch in Maya
– Our verdict on V-Ray for NUKE
– An in-depth look at the BOXX APEXX 2 workstation
– Insight into how Elastic created the title sequence for Daredevil
– Win £500 worth of 3D printing filaments
– Our pick of the best images around
– Discover latest happenings in the 3D community
– The 3DArtistOnline Gallery showcase
– The latest industry news, product launches – and more!
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.