Ghacks Deals: Mobile Security: How to Secure, Privatize, and Recover Your Devices (free ebook)
With mobile Internet usage on the rise and smartphones and other mobile devices seemingly everywhere and in everyone’s hand at anytime, privacy and security become even more important than they have been previously.
The free ebook Mobile Security: How to Secure, Privatize, and Recover Your Devices provides end users and businesses with information on how to protect their privacy when using mobile devices, and how to properly secure them.
The 205 pages of the ebook are divided into eight chapters and five appendixes. It begins with an overview of the mobile world and its dangers before covering topics such as privacy (who has your data), mobile and social media, or mobile device protection in detail.
The guide covers instructions for both Android and iOS devices where applicable, for instance when it comes to enabling encryption on devices or wiping data on them.
- Living in a mobile world.
- Users and mobile device management.
- Privacy — Small word, big consequences.
- Mobile and social — The threats you should know about.
- Protecting your mobile devices.
- Support and warranty insurance.
- Baby boomers, teens and tweens.
- Getting your life back after you’ve been hacked.
- Appendix 1: IBM Notes Traveler.
- Appendix 2: Mobile Device Management.
- Appendix 3:Tips to help you protect your mobile device.
- Appendix 4:Mobile Acceptable Use Policy Template.
- Appendix 5:The history of social networking, the Internet, and smartphones.
Please note that you do need a free account no the Tradepub website to claim the ebook. Creating the account is free, but you will be asked to provide certain work related information.
Check out other free ebooks, magazines or technical documents on the main TradePub website.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.