How to Attract More Search Traffic If You Have A New Blog
Website traffic is the currency of Internet. The more traffic you get from search engines the more money you can make out of it.
Do you want more search traffic to your new blog?
Are you spending a lot of time to create content for your blog but still struggling to increase traffic from search engines like Google?
I can feel your pain. I know how worse it looks like when you spend most of your time on creating great content, promoting it across all the networks but still not seeing a traffic growth.
Then, I noticed a pattern. I found few “insider strategies and techniques” used by SEO experts to boost their organic traffic. Using the same concepts I recently increase my search traffic by over 15% in just 30 days.
Today, I’m going to uncover some of those SEO strategies and techniques to help you increase your traffic. Read this detailed post carefully and implement them to attract more search traffic to your new blogs. Are you ready?How to increase your search traffic if you have a new blog?
One extremely important tip for all the beginners who want to increase their search traffic to their new blogs: “know who you are writing to”. Without knowing your true target audience, if you are writing more posts, you are attracting useless traffic! Now, let’s jump into the details.
Here’s how to increase your traffic to a new blog
Find popular content and beat it!
Long tail keyword research is one of the effectively used techniques by most of the SEO experts and Internet marketers to quickly boost their website search traffic.
Recently, when Neil Patel launched NeilPatel.com and challenged to drive 100,000 monthly search visitors to his new blog, I was stunned how was he able to do that in just one year. He mainly used long tail keywords in his content creation strategy.
If you want to repeat the same, here are few essential tips to follow to find potential long tail keywords that not only increase your search traffic but also your sales.
- Start using Google keyword planner if you are a beginner. It’s not only free but free and a great place to begin with if you want to find long tail keywords.
- You can also start using “Long Tail Pro” keyword tool for finding great keyword ideas for any niche you are in. It’s a great tool for beginners to increase their search traffic as it gives a list of uncovered keyword ideas.
- Make sure you are targeting the long tail keywords with less than 1000 monthly searches. Otherwise it’s hard to rank for them even if you have too many links.
- Find all the top 10 posts in your blog and start using more long tail keywords within them to increase your site traffic.
Suggested Reading: Here’s A Simple Guide to Find Great Long Tail Keywords to Increase Traffic
Skyscraper technique to create viral content that is proven to get more links and social shares. When Brian Dean coined the term Skyscraper technique, people who used it effectively got a quick growth in their traffic levels. Even I used the same technique to boost my search traffic here at BloggersPassion.
Basically it comprises three things. One is finding viral content in your niche, the second is to create even better content around it and the third step is promote it to the right people to attract more links.
If you are a beginner and never heard about this technique, I strongly recommend you to check out this post where I clearly mentioned how a beginner can use it to grow their traffic and attract links.
Did you know the simplest and fastest way to increase your traffic is to interview the authority bloggers in your niche. They are not only helpful for increasing your traffic but more importantly links and more social shares.
Because they always go viral across all the social media sites like Twitter, Facebook. Everyone wants to share their opinion and tweet about the authority bloggers stuff.
All you need is to make a list of all the top bloggers or marketers in your industry, find a way to get in touch with them or simply tweet them that you want to interview them. Most of them will be glad to get in touch with you.
Here are few tips to make these interviews work for you.
- First off, create a list of 10 popular bloggers in your niche
- Secondly, email them that you would like to interview them
- Then, send them questions
- Once you publish the interview, email the influencer that it went live and you would appreciate if they tweet or share it with their audience.
Pro tip: To make this work like a charm, you need to have great relationship with the authority bloggers. Subscribe to their email updates, frequently comment on their posts, bring their products and get in touch with them to build a connection with them.
Master the art of email outreach
Getting influencers to promote your content is the easiest way to boost your search traffic.
Google crawlers always give highest priority to the sites that are promoted by top brands and authority blogs. But getting influencers to promote your blog’s content isn’t easy. It’s extremely hard if you are a beginner with ZERO online reputation.
Here are few effective ideas on how to develop an email outreach strategy that works like a charm.
- Whenever possible, leave great first impressions on the top bloggers. Recommend their products or services to your audience, find and fix their website backlink issues, mail them whenever you read a great post. That way you are leaving a positive impression without asking them any help!
- Automate the process when emailing people. Top bloggers are extremely busy and they may not reply to every mail you send to them. It’s always better to follow them up with another email after 3 to 5 days.
- First of all, understand what you are trying to do. Then, seek help from other people.
- Always use compelling subject lines when writing emails to busy people. If they aren’t compelling, they will NEVER get opened, let alone getting a reply!
#1 way to quickly boost your traffic is to get more links
Cultivating backlinks from others site can quickly boost your organic traffic. Search engines don’t trust new blogs. They only reward the blogs with more quality links. In order to increase the value of your blog in search results, build more links. But how?
Here are few proven ways to build quality links from established sites.
- Use Quora. It is a #1 Q & A platform where people seek help from others. You just need to search for your targeted keywords and start answering the questions. You can refer to your own blog’s links if they are relevant. Make sure NOT to spam Quora with all your links but be relevant and highly helpful. It will definitely increase your blog authority and traffic in search results.
- Use broken link finder tools to find dead links on others sites. If you find broken links in authority sites, you can mail them about it and also refer your relevant links (high quality content). If they find your stuff valuable, they will gladly replace them with your links.
- Doing round-up posts always attract more links. Make sure to do massive round-up posts such as I did on best Indian blogs which not only attract more links but social shares and comments as well.
- Guest blogging is still a great way to build quality backlinks from the top blogs in your niche. But when you are just starting out, instead of aiming for the authority blogs, it’s always better to write guest posts for the good blogs in your niche where you can easily get it done.
- Infographics is an incredible way to build links even if you have a new blog. Neil Patel doubled his blog traffic using Infographics and if you are afraid of spending too much money in creating them, try Canva. It’s a free tool that helps you easily design compelling Infographics.
SEO tools and top SEO blogs is all you need
If you are a beginner and having a new blog, increasing your search traffic is really hard. Believe me when I say, it takes a lot of time and efforts to boost your organic traffic.
But if you have access to the right SEO tools, increasing your search engine rankings is not a big deal. It not only allows you quickly improve your SEO skills but you can get rewarding results.
Here are two major SEO tools I recommend highly to any new blogger who wants to attract more search traffic to their new blogs.
SEMrush: I was introduced to SEMrush when I was struggling to increase my traffic from search engines. I was not only hit by Panda, Penguin updates but my traffic went down. That’s when I started reducing my blog posting frequency and started focusing more on creating detailed 2000 words with the help of SEMrush.
SEMrush helps me find the best keywords and I can easily analyze my competitors best performing keywords. That way I can increase my chances of getting high rankings for any keyword I am aiming at.
Here are few incredible benefits of using SEMrush:
- See competitors’ best keywords
- Discover new organic competitors
- Observe position changes of domains
- Uncover Your Competitor’s’ Ad Strategies and Budget
- Analyze Your Online Rivals’ Ad Copies and Keywords
- Discover New Competitors in AdWords and Bing Ads
- Localize Your Ad Campaigns
- See top publishers and advertisers
WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin: This is a free SEO plugin which is a gift for all the WordPress users. Even if you are a newbie, you will find it extremely easy to optimize your blog posts and pages for search engines.
It helps you where to add your keywords (in titles, meta description, image alt tags, URL’s etc) so you can optimize your keywords without hurting your readership.
Final thoughts about increasing search traffic to a new blog
When it comes to generating more search traffic whether to a new blog or an established blog, it takes time and the access to right SEO tools. You can boost your traffic and get your hands on the right tools such as SEMrush, Long Tail Pro without spending a lot of money.
They all come at an affordable price. I suggest you to try them first and buy them if you are satisfied with them.
If you are wondering how to increase your traffic from search engines, you need to follow just one advice: create content that is proven to go viral. As I discussed above, it’s much easier to build more links and get social shares if you are reverse engineering your content creation.
So what are your thoughts? Do you have any more tips on attracting more search traffic to a new blog? If yes, please share them in the comments. Share this post with others so they can benefit.
Liked This Post? You Might Also Like:
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.