How to Fix Pen Drive Shortcut Problem! [GUIDE]
Direct Download Link
Fix Pen Drive Shortcut Problem
USB Shortcut problem is now becoming more & more common. Due to fault reasons, this problem automatically starts appearing in a Pen Drive. In this, after entering the USB Drive, a shortcut get appearing in place of the content files of the pen drive, to access the original data you have to further click the shortcut.
We can easily solve this using either by a software or using Command Prompt. I will discuss both the methods here:
Method 1. Using a Software
USB Fix is a great software to fix shortcut and other virus related problems in USB Drives.
- Download USB fix and install it. (If your antivirus showing virus in this software then disable it for a few minutes)
- Close all the programs from taskbar, you are running, because when it start it auto close your all programs and you may lose your data.
- Connect all of your external storages to computer > Choose clean
- It automatically cleans your shortcut virus problems from all USB storages and don’t forget to restart your computer after using this tool because it make changes in windows directory and until you restart your computer, your computer will not work properly.
Method 2. Using Command Prompt (cmd)
- Press the Windows button and then in the run or search type “cmd” and press enter. (To be simple “Start” -> Run -> type cmd and click on OK.)
- Here I’ll assume your pen drive letter as K, and now enter the following command in the command prompt window. attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:*.* (See the below screenshot. There should be a backslash after k in the above command. So please see the command in the below screenshot).
- You can just copy the above command and paste it in the command prompt. To do that right-click in the Command Prompt and select paste because keyboard shortcuts won’t work and now press enter.
- Now check for your files in Pen Drive and I’m sure that they were all normal as before.
Don’t forget to replace the letter k with your pen drive letter.
Tips For avoiding Shortcut Virus
- Don’t open USB before scanning
- Don’t connect your storages to those computers who don’t have Antivirus Program
- Avoid third party software’s
- Keep up to date your antivirus program
- Run boot time scans once in 2-3 weeks
- Don’t open harmed websites
USB Fix 7.95 (3 MB)
Sharing is Caring
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.