The Best way to Repartition a Hard Drive in Windows 8 without formatting [Tutorial]
What is Repartitioning hard disk?
Repartitioning hard disk contains lots of operations, like creating a new partition, deleting partition, formatting partition, extending partition, shrinking partition, splitting partition, and merging partition. Some are basic functions and the others are advanced ones. To perform basic partitioning like creating more partitions, users need to make use of system built-in Disk Management tool. They can shrink the volume first and then create volume on the unallocated space.
But when it comes to performing advanced functions like resizing, users need the help of third-party partition manager.
For Repartitioning, here are steps.
- Install MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition
- Launch it and head to main interface
- Select the partition that you want to repartition and choose “Extend Partition“
- Drag sliding button to decide how much free space to take and click “OK“
- hope you can now see your partition extended.
For a complete guide, visit mini-tool site.
Direct Download Link
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition [30.77 Mb]
Sharing is Caring
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.