Top 25 Digital Marketing Blogs You Must Follow to Stay Competitive
If you want to build a successful blog from scratch, there’s a quick way – learn from the blogs that are already popular in your niche.
By learning and analyzing the top blogs, you will not only get a lot of blog post ideas, but you will also learn how to properly monetize your blogging efforts to make more money.
If you are looking for honing your marketing skills, learn from the digital marketing experts. Reading blogs give you high quality information build successful websites and for that reason I’ve compiled a list of top 25 digital marketing blogs you must read always.
Why should you read marketing blogs?
Marketing is all about learning new strategies and applying them to your businesses to grow. If you want to succeed online, there’s only one better way: read as much as you can. And what’s the best way to learn new strategies rather than reading blogs?
Blogs provide extensive information for free and if you learn from the best blogs in the world, you will learn a lot of new strategies that you can directly implement on your blogs or businesses. Whether you agree it or not, reading blogs can make you a better writer too. Thus it gives you numerous benefits including improving your own businesses to make more money and spread your brand awareness.
Here are few other benefits of reading marketing blogs
- To improve your marketing skills
- To connect with other bloggers
- To attend webinars and seminars directly
- To build your online presence
- To keep up to date with the latest trends in your industry
So what are you waiting for? Let’s find out the top digital marketing blogs you must read and follow.
Best digital marketing blogs to read
1. QuickSprout: Let me first say that, I absolutely love the design of this blog. The blog layout is minimal with beautiful typography and color combinations, it barely has any clutter on sidebars. The blog is run by Neil Patel, a successful webpreneur who built 2 major SaaS (Software as a Service) companies like KISSMetrics and CrazyEgg.
He shares all the marketing stuff that helps bloggers and marketers to build a successful online business. What I like most about Neil Patel is that he responds to almost every comment and email he gets. I don’t know whether he sleeps or not, he seems to be responding to everyone who contacts him.
If you are looking for an online source to learn the best stuff, Neil Patel is the guy, he will teach you about everything about marketing on his blog QuickSprout.
2. Seth Godin: If you are blogging for awhile, you already know this guy. Seth Godin is an American author, entrepreneur, marketer and public speaker. He is the master of marketing, he knows how to persuade people with short articles.
Seth launched this blog back in January 2002 when blogging was just a word. So he knows a lot of stuff that we don’t even aware of and he also writes and sells a lot of marketing books at Amazon.
On his blog, he gets a lots of retweets and Facebook shares (1000’s of them) on every post he writes and they don’t even go beyond 300 words count. He has the power of writing persuasive articles that are short and highly relevant to the marketers.
3. Hubspot: Searching for ways to attract visitors, convert leads and get more customers? Then HubSpot is for you, it’s a blog for marketers who wants to improve their sales and conversions. Often written articles by industry experts and they also has multiple software products to help marketers succeed online.
4. CrazyEgg: Crazy Egg is basically a software that helps you visualize where your website visitors click. They also run a blog that shares a lot of detailed articles around marketing, conversion optimization and web design.
If you are looking for the best digital marketing blogs, don’t miss out this. They frequently update their blog with high quality information.
5. Buffer: Buffer is a great software designed to help bloggers and marketers to manage their social networks by providing a means of scheduling posts to Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
The blog is run by Leo Widrich and Joel Gascoigne and they frequently write about marketing and social media related articles to help you get ahead in a crowded market.
6. Social Media Examiner: If you are looking for best digital marketing blogs that share social media insights, this is the ONLY blog I recommend. Usually you will find a lot of quality articles frequently updated with social media experts.
7. The Sales Lion: Marcus Sheridan is the guy I usually go to if I have to search anything related expert advice on marketing. He runs The Sales Lion, a widely popular blog in Internet marketing niche where he usually answers the questions of marketers in the form of blog posts. His blog posts are usually detailed and highly helpful all the marketers looking to boost their sales.
8. KISSmetrics: KISSmetrics is a top marketing blog read by millions of people each month. This blog mainly covers the subjects related to analytics, marketing and testing. KISSmetrics is a person based analytics that helps you better analyze about your website visitors.
9. Copyblogger: Want to improve your writing? Want to boost your sales? Want to get more hungry customers with content marketing? Copyblogger is the perfect fit for you.
Brian Clark is offering the greatest advice on Copywriting and marketing since January 2006 on Copyblogger. It is a widely popular digital marketing blog that you can’t miss out if you want to build a successful online business.
10. Duct Tape Marketing: If you are running a small business or thinking to start a successful small business blog from scratch, this blog is for you. They give you the most practical advice on marketing to build a profitable small business.
11. MarketingProfs: MarketingProfs is a one stop resource for bloggers and marketers who want to learn the best marketing advice from experts. They have a lot of marketing resources including articles, videos, podcasts, online seminars and what not? Subscribe to their email updates to get the top notch marketing advice to grow your online business.
12. NeilPatel.com: Whether you know it or not, Neil Patel knows almost everything about online marketing. And the great thing about Neil is, he shares everything with his readers. He recently launched NeilPatel.com, his personal blog and shares his website traffic journey to 100,000 visitors a month.
His all articles are extra large and usually are of more than 5,000+ words. So make sure to grab a cup of coffee while reading his posts. And if you read them without missing a word, you will be much ahead of your competition in terms of driving more traffic, turning them into sales and building a great readership with content. A must read if you are a beginner to marketing.
13. ShoeMoney: ShoeMoney is one of the best and oldest digital marketing blogs out there. It was launched on July 2004 and run by Jeremy Schoemaker who knows top to bottom about Internet marketing. He’s a successful online entrepreneur who shares his marketing skills to pay your bills on his marketing blog.
14. Convince And Convert: Are you looking for the best recipe to create a perfect social media strategy and content marketing strategy for your business? Your search ends here. This blog is run by Jay Baer, who is a renowned marketer and shares a lot of insightful advice on marketing.
15. Smart Passive Income: If you are looking for ways to make money online using your email lists, this blog is for you. Smart Passive Income was launched on 2008 by Pat Flynn, his blog is widely popular with his income reports which he shares each and every month.
Pat Flynn is transparent and he often shares everything he knows about marketing with his readers. He has loyal readership on his email lists, twitter, blog and Facebook. He also runs a popular podcast which is always in the #1 or #2 in the marketing lists on iTunes.
16. Entrepreneurs Journey: Yaro Starak has been blogging over a decade now and he launched this blog back in 2005 to help people succeed online. His blog’s business model is to help people to convert into subscribers, then selling them information products to make money online. This strategy is called passive income and it’s a great strategy for beginners who want to make money while sleeping.
17. Top Rank Marketing: This is a #1 online marketing blog that helps original digital marketing advice and trusted by thousands of brands. They share everything from SEO to social media to bring results for a small business.
Top Rank is basically a digital marketing firm founded by Lee Odden and Susan Misukanis that helps companies increase sales, brand visibility online and develop better customer engagement.
18. Social Media Explorer: Social Media Explorer is a leading resource for social media updates and insights. If you are a serious marketer who wants to read the exclusive guides on increasing your social media ROI, this blog is for you.
19. Vero: Vero is an email marketing blog that helps you better understand about your customers and subscribers. If you are looking for ways to build trust and increase your engagement with your email subscribers, Vero is the blog for you.
20. Post Planner: Post Planner is a Facebook marketing app that saves you a lot of time in scheduling your posts to reach out to more audience. But they also have a blog that is consistently gets updated with lots of good marketing advice.
You will not only discover amazing content related to social media and marketing but you will also be able to use their fantastic software “Post Planner” to increase your engagement on Twitter and Facebook.
21. Jon Loomer: If you are searching for social media updates, majorly Facebook related insightful posts, this blog is for you. Jon Loomer writes what he usually follows. And his posts are highly informative and they provide huge value to the people who are trying to build their presence on Facebook and other social media platforms.
22. Social Triggers: Derek Halpern is the guy behind Social Triggers, this blog has gain more than 100,000 email subscribers within just 3 years. He applies psychology and persuasion techniques to marketing to convert website visitors into buyers.
This is a must read blog, he shares great stuff (often videos and podcasts) related to marketing. If you are searching for unique and proven ways to increase your online sales, check out this blog.
23. Jeff Bullas: Jeff Bullas is an Australian based blogger and is helping business and personal brands with digital marketing including social media with Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
He’s also an author, strategist and speaker and work with companies and executives to optimize their online personal and company brands with digital, content and social media marketing. If you want to boost your blog traffic and find new monetization strategies, this is for you.
24. GrooveHQ: Although Groove is a simple online help desk software but their blog is a must read for all the marketers who wants to grow their marketing efforts. If you are looking for down-to-earth ways to create a successful online business, this blog is for you.
Alex Turnbull is the founder and CEO of Groove, he usually shares his startup journey to help people learn from his mistakes and successes.
25. Problogger: How can the top 25 digital marketing blogs to read post is complete without listing the most popular blog in marketing niche Problogger? Darren Rowse is the founder of Problogger and he has blogging from 2002, he shares his insightful thoughts on his blog posts.
If you are a beginner and searching for ways to increase your online presence, blog traffic and find out extensive number of monetization ways, Problogger is the only platform that offers you the help.
Final thoughts about the top digital Internet marketing blogs to read
All the top digital marketing blogs that I shared in this blog posts are my personal favorites. They are not only run by marketing experts but they frequently update with high quality information that helps marketers and bloggers to build a successful online business.
If you are looking to improve your marketing skills, subscribe to all the top 25 digital marketing blogs that are mentioned above. You’ll definitely love their updates and also make sure to stay in touch with them on social media sites like Facebook and twitter to build a great online presence.
So what are your thoughts on the best digital marketing blogs? Did I miss any of your favorite top Internet marketing blog? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.